Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Reality

It is official....Bryn WILL graduate on June 11th. There was a period of uncertaintanty about it, but that has passed (as has he!). I am actually getting nervous, and I'm not sure why. Despite all that he has gone through this past year, he really is a fine young man (if I do say so myself). He's not rude, he's pleasant enough and all of my friends tell me that what a nice young man he is (and I think they really mean it!). I guess I am feeling a bit melancholy, a bit sappy and a lot disbelieving where the time went. It seems just yesterday I was standing outside of the elementary school with him while he was clutching "Raccoony", fearful of what was on the other side of the doors. He went in those doors a little boy and on June 11th, he will leave those doors as a young man. I love you, Bryn :-)

3 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

I hate how time goes so fast. I loved the pics in the announcement you sent. I know what you mean about it being just yesterday that they were starting school.

BooHOO!!!

ChefHaney said...

This all means that you did a great job! It's so hard to think that you raise your children, to the best of your ability, only to let them go into the world. And hope you gave them the skills to make the best decisions, respect others and respect themselves. Now...just remind me in 14 years that I wrote this ;)

Betsy Brock said...

I'm so glad you found me and my blog! Oh my, you know I can totally relate to these feelings! When they are two years old and everyone says "Savor every moment...they will be grown before you know it!" ...you really can't imagine that they know what they are talking about! Congrats to Bryn on his graduation!