Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WELL.....

It has been quite some time since I've posted....how can I be so busy yet not get anything done (or so it seems??). After-prom came and went without incident. Prom was 4/25 @ 8pm, and as luck would have it (or un-luck, depends on how you look at it), Bryn had orientation for his first ever job~~the movie theatre~~at 4pm. It was supposed to last 2 hours, but I told him to tell them that he had to leave at 5pm sharp, which he did, then home to get dressed, and off to pick up Gwen (his girlfriend) at 6pm. Arrive at her house around 6:20pm, take pictures and then off to dinner around 7pm, but wait....Bryn's father is in the hospital, so we stop off there so that they can see Bryn and Gwen in the full prom regalia. Then off to dinner for them, home for me to load the car up with all the goodies for after prom. I left for after prom around 9:30pm for set up at 10pm. I think I was running on adrenaline because it certainly wasn't food or sleep! Anyway, it all worked out, the kids had a good time, and I arrived back home around 5:45am Saturday morning. I fell asleep a little after 6am and at 10:30am, felt my husband shaking me telling me to wake up because he had something that he had to do, he would only be gone a little while and I could back to bed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I have been awake for over 24 hours with only 4 hours of sleep the night before and you want me to wake up because you have something that you need to do??? WTF. Well, he ended up getting back home at FOUR P.M., so needless to say, I didn't go back to sleep until that night.

Anyway, the after prom chapter of my life is closed (almost....I still have one more meeting for wrap up)....my house still looks like it threw up all over itself and I spend entirely too much time with my kids. I think I need a vacation. I would like to say sans husband, but he needs a break too, so it will definitely be sans kids.

Oh, and on another note, I started weight watchers (not going to meetings, just have my books and counting points) and have lost 12 pounds over the course of the last 3 weeks. Not as quick as I'd like it to come off, but I have to be patient.

Well, I'm really, really tired so I'm off to bed. I have more for another post on a more personal note but it's too much for now.

4 comments:

tiffanie1717 said...

Wow! 12 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome!! keep up the good work!!

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

Yay for you! Not only for the 12 ugly ones, but for blogging! I miss it! and you!!!

I hope things are going ok with rob, that doesn't sound good if he is still there.

I don't know about you, but I got this weird sensation reading about your son and his prom experience. Taking him to the hospital to see his dad, the after party, the girlfriend....There wasn't a 67 mustang and bon jovi involved was there? Cuz if there was it would be way too weird.

Seriously, are we old? How can this be, we were just at OUR prom.

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

definitely NOT any 67 mustangs there...at least not that I could see. bon jovi..well, bryn loves them...(he is so my child!) I, too, feel like we just had our prom. i mean really, it was SO MUCH FUN, how could I not forget it? I was reading Laura's myspace and realized that (as i'm sure that you have), that i remember when she was preggers & getting married...it seems like just yesterday we were sitting in her living room watch night of the living dead (or some other zombie movie) on a 13" tv about a football field away from it, freezing cold, and making fun of Laura for "playing house"...oh my goodness...we were such mean girls. I know that's why I am so adamant with bryn that he not pick on anyone for how look, dress, smell, whatever...no picking on people and if some one does, you stand up for them. thank you for still being my friend ☺
i'm thinking of moving so the poundage can't find it's way home! oh yeah, rob got the pathology report today. cancer was contained to the tumor with no evidence of cancer on either end of where it was connected, therefore, no spreading, all lymph nodes are clear. he will meet with an oncologist to discuss a treatment plan, if any. what a relief. i told calene about your prayers & passing it on and she was grateful, as was rob. I am planning on coming up in the summer at some point, most likely sometime in late July, early August, for about 10-14 days. would you like to do a case study on my wild child(ren)??? ♥♥♥

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

thank you, tiffanie, for your words of encouragement. every little bit helps☺