Wednesday, June 4, 2008


We are currently under a tornado warning, for the second time today. As the boys (little ones) were sitting downstairs in the living room coloring, it became very dark, the rain came down sideways, the trees in the backyard bowed down and the french doors *almost* opened from the force of the wind. Luckily, I had the deadbolt locked or they would have blown open.

The boys promptly went running to the windows to look outside, and even when I shrieked "get away from the windows" their only response was "why?".

Bryn stood upstairs in his window, most likely looking through his metal blinds, admiring the lightning and has decided that lightning is the coolest thing.....EVER. I guess from the safety of your bedroom window, it's not too bad. I experienced it firsthand Saturday while working at Nissan Pavillion...outside...under one of the metal beer cart type things. I quickly left that station and headed for the cinderblock bathroom building. I really didn't care if anyone stole the beer, soda or whatever else they wanted. I'm just a volunteer!

On another note, our team leader sent out the call for help at tomorrow's rally at Nissan for....Barack Obama. I had to say, vehemently I might add, "NO". I mean, first of all, I have plans to go see Sex and the City with my friend, but let's be honest, I really don't think my system could withstand liberal saturation.


1 comment:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

MY...so much to catch up on, I love oyur new page! the color, the pics, and........the posts! ( i know, i should talk)

Glad everyone is safe and sound.

Metal blinds?