Saturday, June 7, 2008

Diamonds are a girls best friend

I have just returned home from having my wedding set resized, to finally fit my post-pregnancy finger! I figured that if after 20 pounds, they still didn't fit, then perhaps I should give up on waiting for the rest of the weight to come off, bite the bullet and have them resized. Not to mention that my husband surprised me a few weeks ago by taking the engagement ring and having a bigger diamond put in it (it went from a quarter carat to a full carat!...needless to say, I was SURPRISED). He figured that after 2 c-sections, followed by 2 c-section induced surgeries, several missed mother's days, valentines days and the forever promise of getting me "something bigger", he finally did it!
Now, I'm thinking that I have to go and get a set of nails put on...I mean, I can't have raggedy looking nails with such nice rings, right?? And then, I suppose to match the nails will have to be the toes, the clothes, the shoes, the hair....oh my...I don't think my husband fully knew what this ring would mean ☺ haha

2 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

oo, so nice! Its amazing what a beautiful piece of jewelry can do. I had mine reset last fall b/c when I took it to be cleaned they said the gold had a big crack in it. They showed me in the loup, and sure enough, it did. They said it could fail at any time and I could lose my diamonds! So, I didn't get any new ice, but a bunch of new gold, and a new look (not that different though). It was so clean and pretty, it put my chubby hands to shame.

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

hey, anna is over at wordpress, check my link to her at shotofexpresso