Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Class of '09

WHAT?!?!? How can that be??? I swear it was just my senior year....Class of '87. I knew that it would happen someday that he would grow up, I just didn't know it would come so quickly. I'm feeling a little panicky, like I haven't finished yet. Which I haven't, I know, I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but not by much. AND, on top of having one son graduate in 2009, I have another entering kindergarten that same year, then another going to kindergarten the following year.

When Bryn was about 10 years old, and it looked as though he would be an only child, I often wondered "what will I do when Bryn is 18 and graduates and I'm 40. What will I do?". Well, that question was answered about 2 1/2 years later by the birth of Michael and again 21 months later by the arrival of Daniel. I now have something to keep myself occupied until I am at least 60! WOW! 60 years old and having a teenager! I shudder to think.

2 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

Thank you so much for that perspective! I can honestly say that in no way do I want teenagers at 60!! Therefore, I can quit bugging J for another. He will be loving you!

Although, they will keep you young, if only in your mind. ;)

tiffanie1717 said...

:) I just have to smile. I think that you'll feel as young then as you do now! :) They will keep you that way.

Now go play some Scramble.