Monday, March 23, 2009

Insensitive

That's how I am describing my husband tonight! I was trying to tell him about my conversation with a very dear, very old friend today, concerning the health of her parent, who are basically like parents to me. I'm very upset by the news that I am trying to tell him and while I am in the middle of talking, he says "why is she (referring to the dog) pacing around.....CYBIL....GO LAY DOWN". Silence. No apology, no so you were saying. NOTHING. Not a fucking thing. And this is not the first time that this has happened when I am trying to tell him something and/or talk to him about something important (hell, just talk to him). He either totally ignores, or has this look of "will you hurry up and quit talking so I can start talking....preferably about myself" look. Most times I just blow it off, but tonight it just really rubbed me the wrong way!!

Well, now I feel better (just a wee bit) after having vented. Thank you for listening to anyone who reads this...hopefully it was uninterrupted :-)

3 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

ouch!
Did you end up revisiting the subject or telling him later how you felt?

Sorry to hear about the topic. It is hard to accept that as we age, so does everyone else and the inevitable takes place. I think as we get older, the harder it is to deal with stuff like that. For a number of reasons.

Well, I read it without interruption but my dog is sleeping (as usual). Maybe she was pacing b/c she knew you were upset.

ChefHaney said...

Love this blog - it's so nice to read that someone else is going thru the same SHIT!

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

I'm sorry Kat. It is a guy thing. They don't mean to do it. They are just innately selfish. It happens to me too. That is why we need girlfriends. I am truly sorry to hear about your friend's parents. It sucks when our loved ones aren't well. It makes us feel helpless. I'll sent some prayers your way. I know you are a good wife and mom and you deserve to be heard.