Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our adult 24+ hours

Okay, so this was the weekend that Brian and I had our 24+ hours of reckless (childless) abandon. What did we do you ask, and don't forget the details. Well, here ya go.

Went to McD's for 4 Happy Meals....delivered said Happy Meals and 2 little boys to friends house, where her 2 little girls anxiously awaited (I think more for the Happy Meals ☺)

Came home and lounged around for a bit, showered, dressed and then delivered big boy to fathers house....sadly, he didn't get a Happy Meal.

Went to Target so husband could use the facilities; ran into our insurance agent there and spent next hour catching up with him.

Left Target to head out to our destination, The Melting Pot. Arrive at The Melting Pot (which is oddly located in the center of a what looked like a mostly vacant office building complex). Went inside, found out that you need reservations for a freaking fondue joint, but were told that the bar is full service so we can eat there. Go to the bar and are (not) greeted by middle aged, pony tail wearing, spare tire sporting bartender, who apparently can only do one drink order at a time. Get menu, look at menu, look around "bar", listen to blaring SUCK ASS music, decide that a pot of melted cheese is not worth it and leave, but not before finishing my $10 Mojito, that tasted nothing like a Mojito and the mint was CRUSHED...what the hell??? Oh, and no, I didn't tip the bartender.

Arrive at next destination, Reston Towne Center, and decide to just walk around to find someplace good (mind you, it's raining, not hard, but steady and it's COLD). Walk by Uno's, think to myself, why not just go in here, but continue to walk because I know husband wants this night to be "special", start towards Morton's, and then voice out loud "let's just go to Uno's right now because we both know we are going to end up there anyway".

Go in, get seated right away, move our seat because we don't like the first choice, order drinks and nachos and the pizza. Waiter is young,but he kicks ass. Drink my mighty tasty Mojito, all but lick the nacho plate clean, and eat all but 2 pieces of our Numero Uno. Would love dessert, but really want some cheesecake so we decide to head to The Cheesecake Factory.

Arrive at Fair Oaks Mall and The Cheesecake Factory. The place is INSANE. There is a 65 - 80 minute wait; but the high tables in the bar (all 2 of them) are full service, first come first served basis. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Decide to see if we can find something else in the mall. Found something, just not to eat. Went into Brighton's and bought some more charms and spacers for my bracelet.

Go back to Cheesecake Factory to "try one more time" but since the mob has now spilled out into the mall entrance, decide to go to Don Pablo's for some ooey gooey volcano cake.

Arrive at Don Pablo's, sit in the "lounge" area and order our chocolate decadence. It's a little chilly in there, being that I'm beside the window and all, but not to worry. The cake comes out and I am able to warm my hands from the heat coming off it.

Eat cake, pay bill, leave.

Get in van, drive home. Slip into something a little more "comfortable".....my flannel pj's and slippers.

Arrive home at 9:30pm. YES, 9:30. We are freaking rebels!!! I start crocheting, Brian falls asleep on the couch.

We go to bed at 11pm.....and sleep oh so soundly all night long. No kids coming in at 5am, no fighting at 6am, nothing but blissful, quiet sleep.

It is now 3pm.....we have approximately 3.5 hours left of childlessness.

5 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

I thought the mint was supposed to be crushed. No?

Sounds awesome. Wasn't it nice to just not have the kids?

I love Brighton. We have nowhere to get it around here. Which is probably a good thing. I can justify it more when I am on vacation.

chubby sucky bartender, early bedtime, crocheting.....all said, it still sounds like a nice time!

tiffanie1717 said...

Maybe it didn't turn out exactly as you planned, but at least you had a nice date night! :)

ChefHaney said...

I'm so glad someone else has date nights like ours! Sooo...I'll trade you fresh mint from our garden and homemade egg noodles for crochet lessons?

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

Were you blogging during your childless date time? I would probably get some flack for that!!

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

Laura, why yes, I was blogging during the last few hours of it....he was listing car parts on ebay, so it was all good! You see, we're not newlyweds like you guys :-)

Heather - sounds good about the mint and the egg noodles. I can't guarantee you how good you'll be able to crochet, but I can get you started :-) I am always referring back to the knit witch for tips; you might even be able to try her for beginning crocheting, too...she's on my blog roll. But, can I still get the mint and egg noodles if you learn from her????