Sunday, July 6, 2008

FOOD

I love it. Unfortunately, it loves me right back. So much so in fact that it never wants to leave me. Once digested, it immediately turns to poundage and attaches itself to my thighs, my but, my stomach, my waist and my arms. I am like a big walking, talking jello mold. Michael is constantly poking me in the butt. Why you might wonder? Well, I did, too, so I asked. His reply was simple: Because when I poke your butt, it keeps moving. NICE!
So, the 18 or so pounds that I lost evidently had GPS tracking devices installed on my body because about 10 or so (+/-) have found their way back to me.
It is now, with great disdain, a rumbling stomach and an ever weakening will power, that I must dig out my Weight Watchers notebook, which has laid dormant since June 22nd (my last entry) and begin checking off points for everything that goes in my mouth (22 to be exact PLUS my 35 flex points....CANNOT forget the flex points!).
Ahhhh, food. It brings me such joy yet such pain at the same time. My nemesis. One day I will beat you (and then eat you!).

3 comments:

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

I am so there. Just last month I was eight lbs. lighter. I feel like a sow! So it is carrots and celery sticks for me. I guess I need to take the oreo double stuff stash out from under my bed too. I think in our(late) 30's we eat instead of doing the things we did in our 20's that were unhealthy. Good luck, and know youre not alone in the boat.

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

I have decided to make peace with the flab. Although I fear I am about to reinforce the catchy little phrase "female, fat, and forty" as the mantra for diagnosing cholecystitis (gall blader disease).

ooooohh....my belly!

I am going to have to lay off the good stuff whether I want to or not.

tiffanie1717 said...

I hate that! Lost 12 lbs with WW last summer. Gained it ALL back plus a few. I love food, too!