Monday, July 14, 2008

spiders, spiders

Michael has several plastic toy bugs, all of which on any given day are his "favorite" toy. Today it was a big, green spider. I heard him talking with his friend today (I was watching another little boy today while his parents packed for their move to India) but just kind of blew it off as his mispronunciation.

After supper, he came up to me with the spider in his hand and said "mommy, do you like my itchy, bitchy spider?". I said "do you mean itsy bitsy spider?". He said, "no, NOT itsy bitsy. ITCHY BITCHY" I said "oh....why?" him: "because it makes my hand itchy when i hold it and bitchy rhymes with itchy".

Perhaps he'll remember to bring that spider this Sunday for church...and then perhaps he'll remember a favorite phrase from a year or so ago (learned in the van, most likely at a red light): "friggin' go already sister"!

Oh, kids say the darndest things.