Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is the big day.....turkey day as it called by many.....not around here though. There will be no turkey stuffed nor ate at this residence. Why? you might ask. Simply put, I used to make a turkey of some sort (whole or just the breast) every year, slaving over the meal with all the fixins' only to find out 2 years ago that my husband doesn't like turkey. DOESN'T LIKE TURKEY. Okay, so we've been together almost 10 years and he couldn't have told me this the FIRST Thanksgiving or even the SECOND?? And even when he told me that he didn't like turkey, he didn't really tell me. He proclaimed that he was going to become a vegetarian. It was a few weeks into his vegetarianism that he finally told me that he didn't really want to become a vegetarian, but that he didn't like turkey and that the turkey I had made was so disgusting that it just turned him off from eating meat. Huh...'magine that. Food so disgusting that it made someone want to never eat meat again. Anyway, that lasted for less than a month, but turkey has never been served in this house since, except for the occasional lunch meat.

Last year I made lasagna and this year I am doing London Broil with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with mushrooms & bacon and cherry pie for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2 comments:

tiffanie1717 said...

I just had to laugh at this! How sweet of your husband to become a vegetarian so he didn't hurt your feelings about your turkey. :)

Happy London Broil Day! :)

Mandy said...

I am laughing so hard at Brian as a vegetarian!! Sounds like you're starting your own tradition! Sometimes those are better than "traditions"....
xoxo
PS - I love your new background!