Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tis the season.....

Well, it's not supposed to be the season yet anyway, at least not officially until November 28th, but it has been creeping around the corner since the back to school stuff was on the shelves. I have not done a lick of shopping and I am totally okay with that. I have found that in the past when I shopped early, I overbought, mainly because I forgot what I had. I have made a list of possible gift ideas for the boys, my husband and I will go over it and choose 4-5 gifts off the list. Between grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, etc, their gifts that they have to open Christmas morning are overwhelming. Not only is it tiring for us to watch them open them, it's not much fun for them when we are grabbing stuff away so that they can move on to the next. Hopefully that will not be the case this year. Of course, they will have their stocking stuffers, but believe me, no one in this house will be lacking on Christmas morning. We have been talking with the little boys, mainly Michael, about kids who don't have the things that he has, so he is very eager to help purchase gifts for the kids that our church sponsors with his money in his piggy bank.

4 comments:

tiffanie1717 said...

Our kids get 4 gifts plus stocking as well (and 2 other small things from their siblings). I heard one mom say that Jesus got three gifts from the wise men so that's good enough for her kids, too. :) haha So we get 3 and 1 from Santa. :)

Mandy said...

We do the exact same thing.....Santa brings three and we give one. It's so much nicer on Cmas morning since we have adopted this rule. It's harder making the choices of what we're going to buy, but it's not nearly overwhelming as making sure they have "enough".

tiffanie1717 said...

Mandy, you're much more generous than I am. You're giving Santa all the credit. :) I have Santa only give one gift... and it's never the best gift! :) haha

I had a friend tell me that her daughter told her once "Boy, Mom, Santa gives me all the good stuff! Why don't you give me as good as presents as Santa?" That was all I needed to make sure that Santa got a nice gift but Mom and Dad were the best givers. :) haha

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

Brian and I have been talking and we are goning to do 2 from Santa, 2 from us and then the siblings (and they will be joint gifts), plus stockings. Works for me!! Thanks so much for your input :-)