Monday, February 25, 2008

teacher for a day

That's what I was this morning...thankfully I did not have to teach either of my two youngest boys classes. When I went in this morning to drop them off, I did not have any intentions of staying to teach a class, but since I work there in the nursery, and the director had exhausted all of her regular subs, she asked if I could PLEASE do it. Monday's are my day off, but I figured that what I had planned to do this morning most likely wouldn't get done even if I were at home by myself, that I might as well teach. The teacher had left me some sketchy (very sketchy) details about what she did, and the rest was just flying by the seat of my pants. Of course, the kids kept telling me what their teacher did when I wasn't doing it (most of the time) and I reminded them that I was their substitute teacher, so it was okay. The majority of the kids in there are from the Awana class that I teach, so they're used to my "style" (or lack thereof). Pretty uneventful until recess when Michael got in trouble by his teacher for pushing another child, and threw a HUGE tantrum, mainly because he thought since I was there, his teacher couldn't punish him. I guess he found out otherwise. His teacher was amazed as this is the first time that he has ever behaved like that for her.....if only I were so lucky!

Well, duty calls (or rather doody!)....

6 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

Sounds like fun!

Why can I only see one of your posts at a time?

I am enjoying bad bad leroy brown.

Please, please go to flylady.com

Have you heard of her? I was going to start a few years ago, when I still had kids at home (ouch) but it was too much (I thought). I am starting back today, sort of. I am jumping right in and I have decluttered and inventoried my entire kitchen and now I am going to do menu planning. SHe is very encouraging and today I love her. I think you might too. We can be flybabies together!!

If you get some time (:) spend some with her going through her website. Maybe this is the structure you need. I don't know what the hell I need, I was doing so well when I first left work, now I can't seem to find the motivation to do wither housework or schoolwork. So I am going back to FLYing. I could blog about it, but I don't have it in my schedule for today. lol.

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

I'm not sure about the posts...I'll have to look & see what I did!

I checked out FlyLady, bookmarked it, & joined it, but that was around 10:30pm last night, so I didn't really look at it. I will, though, as soon as I have time ☺

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

Let me know if you check it out today, You will get a bunch of emails from them each day reminding you to stay on track and giving you the "mission" for the day.

You are working this am though I think.
ttyl!

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

I have already begun receiving the emails...I have them filed in my folder called "flylady". I am working this a.m., but am hoping to come home, feed the kids & lay them down for at least an hour. I have an "interview" (at the church for the position of nursery manager...not much but a little $$ I'm hoping) today at 4pm, but I have to get Bryn from school at 3:15pm, so their nap will not be much, if any at all.

So, is your house becoming uncluttered? I'm overwhelmed everywhere I look...a pile here, a stack there. I'm drowning in crap!

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

Yep, me too.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I am not following the plan exactly, not just yet. My kitchen was overtaking my house so I started there. I am going to start with the babysteps later this week and try to incorporate things slowly, like she says.

I have gotten rid of almost 3 huge drumliner bags full of crap in just my kitchen, and I have my eye on a bunch of cookware for a yard sale this spring. I am cleaning my oven for the first time in 3 years (it cleans itself) and it feels great!

anna said...

Um hi, (not so) reluctant housewife. I am Anna.. T introduced me to you in a blog post tonight (um kind of). Just thought I'd say 'ello. I've been lurking (reading without commenting) for a while now. You're doing a lovely job at all of this. Very honest, very real. I dig it. :)