Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am feeling bitchy


Daniel woke up at 3:30am & finally fell back to sleep around 5:00am; however, by that time, my alarm was going off. Luckily, Brian told me that since both little boys are sick (or seem to be), he would graciously take Bryn to the bus stop so I wouldn't have to get them both up so early. Sounds great, except that Michael woke up around 6'ish, crying because he "forgot" to get his hot cocoa last night (the reality: he started crying in Awana's last night with about 15 minutes left to go that he was tired, his head hurt & he was cold, so we came home, he got his pj's on& went right to bed....never asked for hot cocoa). I made his hot cocoa for him, put in bed with me, turned something on the TV for him. Then the cat started howling, so I put both the cat & dog in the back room & closed the door. Almost asleep at 7:00am, drifting in and out, then I hear a noise...not too loud from where I'm at, but an extremely annoying noise. This time it's the dog howling. I guess because it's 7:15am, and she didn't get her food at precisely 6:00am, she's not happy & she's going to let me know it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Brian is also acting pissy at me right now because apparently around 2:00am, he tried to "cuddle" with me, and I pushed him away....is it so much to ask to just sleep ALL night, no interruptions whatsoever, just one night a week maybe....I mean, it's not like it's was the first time this week (or probably that night), that he "approached" me in the middle of the night. I'm tired for goodness sake! Maybe, just maybe, if I had a night or two of uninterrupted, blissful slumber, I might be a little nicer, all the way around.

Now, my plan for today was to not have a plan. Well, not exactly. I had planned on not getting out of my pj's and trying to clean up the mess that has been made by everyone, because as we all know, only the woman can do that. But, since the children are obviously ill, I need to take them to the doctor, which means I have to take a shower, get dressed, do my hair & makeup, at which time, I will no longer feel like cleaning up the dump.....oh what is a domestic goddess to do??? For right now, I'm going to put my slippers on, get some more coffee, feed Michael so he will stop yapping about Cinnamon Toast Crunch and make a to do list (so I can look at it, get overwhelmed and do nothing on it...hahaha). At least it's not raining, snowing or icing (mmmm....icing...yummy) outside. It is cold, but at least the sun is shining. AND, there was no dog puke or cat whiz anywhere this morning, so that is always a plus...maybe I won't be so bitchy all day after all (maybe)

3 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

SOmetimes it feels like we get no reprieve doesn't it? I could be like one of those well meaning older gals with grown children and tell you to enjoy it now, because soon enough it will be over and you will be missing these days.

yeah right?

Arent' you listening to flylady when she sends you the emails to get to bed?

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

reprieve? what's that?? (just kidding...I really do know that word...it's only a 2 syllableler)

Go to bed at 10pm? NEVER...we don't have TiVo or DVR.

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

OMGosh....you are funny.