Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the porcelain god

This is what my 16 year old looked like this morning at 6:30am...except he's not a cat! I got up at my usual 5am, and told him to get in the shower..at 6am, he still hadn't, although he had been in the bathroom for at least 35 minutes. He came downstairs around 6:10am saying he needed 10 more minutes, his stomach didn't feel right. I gave him the evil eye, said you ARE going to school today, and he went back upstairs. I got in the shower & at 6:30am, went back to his room to tell him to get up, but he rushed past me holding his mouth. Yeah right, I thought, this should be a good performance. Well, lo & behold, to my surprise, it was the real thing....which unfortunately I witnessed. He's 16, so I figured he would be alright here by himself while I went to work, so I got myself ready, got the other 2 dressed and came downstairs. We were down here about 5 minutes when Michael (the 4 year old) came running out of the playroom yelling EWWWWWW....Daniel threw up all over the train table. Yippee...so now I also have a 2 year old throwing up, which means it can happen anywhere at anytime. I think I feel nauseous, too, but don't know how much is real and how much is imagined because of the germs that are surrounding me. I guess there will be no worky for me today.

2 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

oh no!! That was me on Saturday night. Not that bad though and mine was just motion sickness and I wasn't worshipping the porcelain god. I hope you won't be doing the same!

anna said...

Eeh! That sounds awful! Hope this passes quickly! Being sick sucks for everyone.